My family and I love sitting down to a big, hearty breakfast on the weekends… usually on Sunday. It’s a time when we all like to share some yummy home cooking and friendly conversation.
Most Sundays breakfast includes eggs, potatoes, bacon or sausage, biscuits or toast and fresh squeezed orange juice from our tree. Classic.
I’m always looking for new ways to fix potatoes, so when I came across this recipe I knew it would be on our table the following weekend.
It’s was a huge hit. How can you miss when you serve golden brown potatoes with gooey cheese, crispy bacon and green onions?
Roasted Ranch Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese
2 pounds russet potatoes (unpeeled, washed and cut into chunks)
1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup to mix in and 1/4 cup for topping
4-5 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
2 green onions, chopped
salt & pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add ranch dressing, cheese, bacon, potatoes and green onion. Sprinkle mixture with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat potatoes.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Halfway through cooking, remove foil, stir gently, put foil back in place and continue cooking for approximately 30 minutes.
- When the potatoes have cooked for an hour, remove foil, gently stir again. Now sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese, raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F and continue cooking until potatoes are golden brown and the cheese topping is hot and bubbly.
- To serve, sprinkle with green onions and a dollop of sour cream on top.
Note: I changed this dish slightly to suit my family’s taste. The original recipe calls for a tablespoon of dill, but my guys don’t like that flavor. I also added the green onions before cooking for more flavor.
Roasted Ranch Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese recipe courtesy of Joyously Domestic